Operatives (LTS) - Mitie - (Edinburgh)
Full Time Job
|Form of employment
|Salary / Rate
Are you looking for a rewarding contract where you will be able to use your skills to make more of a difference than ever before?
We are looking to recruit Test Operators for our new COVID-19 Testing centre.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- To enable the testing process to be seamless, ensure that the test subjects experience is pleasant and managed in a professional way
- Reporting into the Testing Supervisor the Test Operative is accountable for to administer a throat and nasal swab test to individuals that visit a test site
- Two testers alternate for each subject. One does test, other holds a bag that test get put in after
- Participates in new site activation to ensure site is ready for day 1
- Ensures that site is ready for operations at the beginning of each day
- Undertake training on how to administer the throat and nasal swab test
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed
Further duties available on the website.
Person Specification -
- Experience working with members of the public/subjects.
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature.
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles).
- Good communication and empathy skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- To be physically able to be on your feet for the length of shift.
As we work with a wide variety of people, including individuals who may be more vulnerable than you, we take the health and well-being of our clients and staff very seriously and sincerely, with this in mind applicants must be in general good health and not classified as in any of the COVID High risk groups therefore:
Must not have a long-term condition.
Must not be pregnant.
Must not have a weakened immune system through medical conditions or therapy.
No documents available
TThis vacancy is closed and is no longer taking applications