EXPIRED: Laboratory Assistant - North Berwick High
East Lothian Council
Full Time Job
|Form of employment
|Salary / Rate
To assist the Science Technician in preparing practical experiments and paperwork for the
science classes. The job also involves cleaning and maintenance of equipment within the
science department. The Jobholder is responsible for ensuring that equipment is available for
use by teachers and students
- Preparing materials, equipment and science areas for use by teachers and student sin
- Designing and constructing equipment and apparatus for use in experiments, subject to
approval by the technician.
- Helping to ensure that the stores are well organised and that materials and equipment
are maintained in good order and in a safe condition.
- Ensuring that the preparation rooms and laboratories are kept in a safe and tidy
- Assisting the teaching staff and Senior Science Technician in the support work
necessary to prepare and operate laboratories.
- Preparing laboratory standard solutions as requested by the technician.
- Updating his/her knowledge and keeping abreast of new developments and given the
opportunity to attend appropriate courses.
- Using new technology equipment and techniques where appropriate at the instruction of
- Helping to maintain plants in the department.
- Undertaking general stores duties such as labelling bottles, cleaning shelves,unloading
and loading materials and completion of necessary records.
- Undertaking basic administrative duties.
- Stock control in conjunction with the technician.
Undertaking any other relevant duties required by the Senior Science Technician,
Principal Teachers or Head Teacher
No documents available